Thank you for all your support during lockdown. We are looking fonruard to welcoming your child/children back to school on Wednesday 2nd September. School will be a very different experience for the children as we begin to open to all pupils. Please take time to discuss this with your child.
Your child will enter school at the entrance identified below:
|Year Group||Start Time||Entrance||End Time||Exit|
|Reception||8:30am to 8:40am||Gate by the Main School Office||2:40pm||Gate by the Main School Office|
|KS1||8:30am to 8:40am||Main School Gate||2:45pm||Main School Gate|
|KS1||8:30am to 8:40am||Playground Gate on Lawrence Street||2:45pm||Playground Gate on Lawrence Street|
To keep your child safe, we will:
- Follow guidance set out by the Department for Education
- Organise all pupils in Years 2 to 6 fo be sat fonruard facing at their desks.
- Ensure the same staff work with your child and their year group each day. We are calling this a ‘bubble’
- Minimise the children’s movement around school
- Mark 2m spots by our entrances for parents and children to follow
- Stagger play times and lunch times
- Ensure year groups of children will be kept separate on the playground during morning break and lunch times
- Ensure that pupils in receipt of Universal Free School Meals (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils) and pupils eligible for Free School Meals receive a hot lunch. ln the first instance they will only be offered one choice (see attached menu from City Catering). Pupils can still purchase a school lunch. The cost of lunches for the first 3 days of term is £6.90 and then £11.50 per week Please ensure dinner money is placed in a sealed, named envelope
- Cancel Breakfast Club, whole school assemblies and other events such as educational visits and visitors or celebrations. However, bagels will be delivered to each classroom every morning
- Make plans for Y3, Y4, YS and Y6 children to work and eat in their classroom
- Ensure children and staff have regular opportunities to wash their hands throughout the day
- Ensure toilets, tables, door handles and stair rails are sanitised regularly throughout
To keep your child safe, please can you:
- Talk to your child about social distancing and follow the signs to keep all parents and
children 2m apart on entering and leaving school
- Ensure your child/children have breakfast before coming into school
- Ensure, where possible, that only 1 parent brings/collects your child
- Ensure that children wash their hands before leaving home
- Send them to school in their uniform and school shoes.
- Provide them with a snack for play time and a water bottle each day
- Take your child’s medication to the school office e.g. their inhaler
- Apply sun cream to your child, if necessary, before they come to school
- On PE days, your child will need a PE kit which will be sent home each week to be washed
- Send them to school with a coat and sun hat depending upon the weather
- Ensure that your child reads every night at home and returns their book bag to school each day
- Ensure your child/children are in a good bedtime routine so that they are ready to
- Ensure your child/children come to school every day and on time.
We will try our very best to follow all the guidelines and to take all the precautions we can to keep your child as safe as possible.
lf you have any questions then please do not hesitate to phone the school office on 01782 234411.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child back to St Mark’s.
Mrs M Johnstone
A PDF reader may be required in order to save and open documents listed on this page.
Click here to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader for free, if needed.